We’ve mentioned that ISO 37001 is our strength, but what exactly is it and what comprises this international standard?
In 2016, the International Standards Organisation launched the first global anti-bribery management system (ABMS) standard, the ISO 37001. The ISO sets the world-wide standard for ABMS programmes, and includes all the elements identified as effective for combating bribery and corruption. Key components include:
- Bribery & corruption risk assessment
- Leadership: Board and management responsibilities
- HR components: selection and training of personnel exposed to bribery & corruption
- Due diligence on organisations and individuals
- Policies: anti-bribery & corruption; gifts & hospitality; donations & sponsorship, etc.
- Financial and non-financial (procurement) controls
- Supply chain integrity
- Monitoring, auditing and enforcement
The GIACC Adequate Procedures also cover broadly the same areas, but without the certification element.
The standard assures international investors, potential business partners and clients that the ISO 37001-certified organisation has the controls, systems, and programmes in place that ensure the integrity of their operations and protect against corruption losses and potential corporate liability.
Contact us today to discuss whether an adequate procedures programme or ISO 37001 is most suitable for your company.
We at Trident Integrity are experienced implementers of ISO 37001, being a pioneer and thought-leader in the field of business integrity. We can help your company create and establish a corporate integrity programme that’s worthy of international certification.
Our expert and capable team is led by CEO Dr Mark Lovatt, a PECB-certified Lead Implementer of ISO 37001 with many years of experience in anti-corruption work, as well as our pool of leading anti-corruption and risk management consultants. Our portfolio is rich with companies we’ve worked with in establishing integrity systems and related programmes .